Friday, February 15, 2008

February 15th


I'm off to California today to see Sandi (Crusty-head) and the whales. We had a chocolatey Valentine's Day with a nice dinner and some "Lost." Tutu is here to go to Kapuna Day with Sierra and then she's going to take her back to Molokai with her and dad and Jay will join them on Saturday. Jay's two friends will join them on Sunday because Monday is a holiday and Tuesday is a curriculum day. You went to SF with Tutu this time last year for your audition. Wow, how times have changed!! The loss of my purse, cell phone and car/house keys have been all consuming. I've already had to get a new driver's license, new locks for the house front and back door, a new (very basic) cell phone, contacted the Nissan dealer about new locks for the cars, cancelled all credit cards, ATM cards, bank accounts, contacted companies who automatically deduct our bills from our checking account, ie. sewer, electric, cable, water, gas, your USAA credit card and more. It's been a huge hassle and I'm really mad and disappointed in myself for allowing it to happen in the first place. I've got to finish the Punahou financial aid stuff and hand deliver that today, as well as hand deliver a new check to the Nissan dealer so they can order the parts for the new locks and keys. I may not get a chance to write on the blog from Ojai but once I figure out how to use my new phone, I can text you. I'll take the time on the plane to read my phone manual and try to get that figured out. I love you! Dad made me a cool "New Year's messages" DVD so I watched it last night and can't believe how you've grown!! In two different messages you mention your love of foreign language (Latin and Spanish) so it's cool to see you're still following your passion! Miss you tons.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet it will be great to get away from your hassles and hang with the whales. When you said, "chocolatey Valentines day" i started drooling. once again i miss your yellow cake with chocolate frosting. And it definitely seems like only a couple months ago that Tutu and I went to San Francisco. Times have certainly changed.
Got some interesting emails: the first from ProjectsAbroad saying and i quote, "We are very much looking forward to having you on our programme. I hope you won't mind being reminded that the balance of your payment is due soon. The amount owing is US$ 0."
I was relieved that it also said to disregard the message if i have already paid. :) ALso got a random "hey check out our programs" email from CrossCultural SOlutions and they offer week-long Insight programs, one of which was starting March 8 in Lima! However, "The Program Fee for Insight abroad is $1,695."...must be one helluva week. Also im about to forward you an email about my taxes, its not urgent so i really dont want you to add it to your stress load - enjoy Ojai!! Oh and Coach Prater-Lee got in touch with me, she says the Vassar boys are 12 days away from their champs!

Have fun and love you!

Unknown said...

Just made some modifications to my blog entry. The television in my room is working again, so I will be able to catch some of the Hawaii caucus action! Apparently Wisconsin is crucial for both Barack and Hillary today? Also I just read the writers strike is officially over!! im sure John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are back on track again, but im still worried about Scrubs...
Hope your Presidents day weekend was fun, love and miss you guys!