Sunday, February 10, 2008

February 10th


Really enjoy getting your text messages. Does that phone with the chip in it work? I'd like to hear your voice sometime this week. You can try us at home if possible, but if the texting is the best choice, that's okay. It's like we really get to talk so it's a good alternative. Today, (Sunday) I went to yoga in the morning while dad and Sierra and Jay hung around at home. In the afternoon Jay and I had to go to UH for our first day of our water polo clinic. It was crazy. We had almost 70 boys (and a couple of girls) come out to play for a couple of hours. Jay's playing with the high school group and I think he had a fun time. As soon as we got home, dad and Jay went to Sandy's for a little swim and Sierra and I went to the club to hang around the hot tub and have pupu with the Fitters and Pat and Takako (swim team parents... you've met them, they have little Erin who is a little older than Sierra and Matt who is 9.) Sierra played so hard that she fell right to sleep when we got home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the texting too. The phone situation in general in Peru is a total nightmare, I think the only way i could talk to you guys verbally would be on my cell phone, the one im using for texting, and thats $3 a minute. Two more volunteers came today, a woman from Switzerland who will be working with children at the hospital and her boyfriend from Alaska who will be constructioning with me. They seem nice, everyone has different language levels so dinner conversation is confusing.
Love hearing about whats going on at home, the hardcore homesickness hasnt kicked in yet and im really hoping it doesnt - ever. Tomorrow is my first english class!!!
I know dad is trying to get a package to me, via Jenny Torres who is calling me for Cindys familys address, which i have to email them for, etc. etc. This whole situation might be a problem because Jenny and I seem to be unable to send emails to each other. I hope the package gets here before i leave.
Also about that, I really dont know what im going to do with myself in the first half of March. Again part of the problem is my communication with Jenny is limited, so i dont know about other Volunteer Visions programs. It might just be better if I wing it and travel throughout southern Peru on my own, making the plan up as I go. I dont want to get to Cusco a lot earlier than Dad because i dont want to explore it without him. So i might wander (sounds scary, but im browsing my Peru guidebook for ideas and planning) around doing touristy things until mid March. I dont know...
Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!