Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February 13th

Wednesday, got your text but won't be able to reply for awhile because my purse, cell phone, cars keys were stolen out of our van today while it was parked in our driveway at home. Very distressing, and all consuming. I need a new phone, we need new locks on cars and house, and new checking accounts, visa cards, etc. Even the library card will be a hassle to deal with. I'm very mad at myself for leaving my stuff in the car and for leaving the car unlocked, etc. but the bottom line is that the bad guys are the guys who stole my stuff! I'll be going to T-Mobile tomorrow after trying to replace my driver's license. Lot's to do. You can still send texts, cuz I'll get a new phone soon! Love you so much. Think about you every day all the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mom im in an absolute state of shock about your purse. The irony is killing me: i go to a very poor third world country where i am constantly warned about people stealing valuables, and valuables are stolen back home. and IN THE DRIVEWAY?!? i really cant believe it, and im sorry you have to go through the process of replacing and changing everything. I will continue to send texts (though not today since im writing here) and i hope you can fix everything quick and easy. boy, and i thought i was being paranoid when i wondered if people could see me take the front door key out of the little tree. but i see this as proof that there are people all over the world - in Latin America and in our own backyard - who are desperate enough to, well, royally screw someone else over like that.
My second english class today was excellent compared to my first. i had a whiteboard and i felt like i packed a lot of information into one hour, and that it stuck. At the end all the girls were begging me to make the lessons twice as long. :) :) which i will probably do actually.
i just read that the writers strike is over !! and Romney is putting his support behind McCain. i dont get the Daily Show or the Colbert Report here but i occasionally watch CNN en espaƱol. when are the Hawaii primaries?
sore and dusty and thinking about you every day too,
jack