Sunday, September 30, 2007

September 29th




Happy Birthday to Kevin Service, right? Busy Saturday for the Smart family in Hawaii. Dad did a dawn patrol surf. I had to coach two intermediate games: 9am and noon, so I spent the whole morning at the Punahou pool. We lost a close one to Iolani (and they've killed everyone else all season, including us in our first match up.) Then, we went into sudden death overtime with Kamehameha and lost. We made some huge improvements so the losing is not that big of a deal. Meanwhile, Sierra and dad had a soccer game. Sierra says they "tied" which could mean they tied but it could really mean anything. Jay rode his bike to the club and then he, Sierra, and I went to watch Punahou girls volleyball vs. St. Francis. We won. Sierra loves volleyball. She asks if UH is playing cuz she likes to watch them on T.V. Dad went to Portlock for another dip in the ocean (boogie board) and then he went to play music at a party for his friend who has ALS. Sierra and I went to listen to them play, hang out and eat from the chocolate fountain while Jay and Chris had the whole house to themselves so they could play (probably) violent playstation games. It was funny because Troy "played" virtually from his computer at home. If you look for the laptop on the coffee table in the photos, that's "Troy." YOUR BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW!! On the day before your birth, I swam a long swim at Kaimana.... today I had a long swim at Punahou. MUCHO luuurrrre you! And I really miss you while you're in taco-a-gogoland. (BTW, I finished my Trouser book--- hilarious-- and I knew the Dave the Laugh thing was going to happen!)

1 comment:

Jim Smart said...

Happy Numbah 18 Birthday, Jacko!

Here's a card for you:

http://www27.123greetings.com/card/09/29/15/46/BD30929154601519.html

I love you,

Dad