Friday, September 21, 2007

September 20th


Yikes! We missed your many calls today. Perhaps we should get you dad's classroom number, and maybe even the girls PE office (where I was today.) I'm sure you made the right decision for you for right now. Whatever the decision, say "no" to regrets. Very busy day for the Smart's. I subbed PE again, and after school and after water polo practice, we had Academy Open House. I'm just getting home. (Rather late.) Jay has some of the same teachers that you had... Mrs. Bender, Mr. Wolfe and a couple that are new to Punahou. Things are a little different now that they've got the laptop program. Michelle Sptizer's mom said Michelle was jealous of your trip. Lot's of people are commenting on it. I must say, it's weird to go to an Open House and not be meeting YOUR teachers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mr. wolfe is totally cool. i hope he's okay because Hama told me this summer was hard for him, getting multiple operations on his knee. its good that jay has him for homeroom.
i think ashley told me michelle is having a hard time at college... bummer.
okay, my decision (i will email you as well). im glad you said "no regrets" and not "duh, you have to do it" because i have decided not to go. the pros of going NOW were that i would have Alice and Dave there, and that would make me feel safe and not give me a lot of responsibility. but the cons were many: the baby turtles are going to be hatching by the thousands soon, my clothes and packing were nowhere near ready, i need to talk with Oliver about Costa Rica, I just got back from a weekend in Guadalajara and I always envisioned travelling more in the middle of my stay. besides, as Zoe pointed out, this is not a onetime opportunity and i can definitely say, "All right, I wanna go here, who wants to come with me?" and of course people will say yes. thats the other thing, ive been meaning to browse that Mexico book for places I would want, and be able to, go. Now i have a little more control over my travelling and decisions and i didnt have to scramble this morning. i learned a lot about crocodiles today and my french is coming back to me as i speak with Benoit, who speaks french and a little spanish.
love you all!