Sunday, March 2, 2008

February 28 & 29th and March 1st

Busy work/school days. Friday night I had our pre-season V2 water polo season up at Kamehameha. Dad worked late at school on his report cards.

Saturday, March 1st we got to talk to you in the a.m.!!! Yipee. Your weekend sounds great. I hope you had enough money to do the fun stuff you wanted to do. How were the mummies (sp?) Get yourself some cash and carry your ATM card and plan ahead on any travel. March 1st is Kehau's birthday. We had a busy day that included water polo practice in the a.m. at Punahou while dad worked in the yard. Jay rode his bike part way and took the bus part way to ward to see the movie Semi-pro with a couple of his buddies. I took Sierra to ceramics while dad did report cards. Then Sisi and I went to Iolani for our first intermediate water polo game vs. Pac-5. We won easily and everybody got to play lots. Jay got himself to Iolani and we loaded his bike in van and we came home briefly to wrap a present for Zachary's birthday party. We gave his the book "Great Expectations" since now that he's a man there's great expectations for his life. I also got and wrapped a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts for midnight snacks (he's having a sleep-over.) The three of us went over there for an afternoon at the pool, the bowling alley and then back to the Guss house for ice cream sundae party to celebrate Zach's 18th. Dad joined us after picking up John Smart at the airport and taking him to the n.shore and having some beach time. John will be here for a few weeks. Dad's coming in 3 short weeks! Miss you much! Write on your blog asap. I want to see your face!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I meant to tell you about this weekend - I had a great time, but I kind of cut it short because I decided to stay in Nazca for one night rather than two. The thing was, I could have afforded two nights and made it to Pisco with budget-dining, but i probably wouldnt have been able to do the tour to the pyramids with the mummies. Plus, that tour didnt look like it was going to happen that day since not enough people had expressed interest. So my thinking was, "Im going to swing by here on my way to Arequipa anyway, why not spend a total of two nights rather than three?" Besides, to be completely honest (and the tour guides I talked to and my guidebook agree) Nazca is centered around the Nazca Lines, and doesnt have much else going on. So when I leave for my solo trip, I will be in Nazca on Wednesday night and can do the pyramid tour on Thursday (and i will, of course, have my ATM bank card). Water polo sounds fun and so does going to the hot tub at the Oahu Club :).
I love love love you guys and will write on my blog tomorrow since its my last full day in Pisco - and Ashleys birthday!
LOVE