Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March 20-26th





Took dad and Jay to the airport on my birthday and then it was a mom and Sierra girls week. You're with dad, so I didn't feel the need to write, but I'll briefly summarize our week so far. We colored Easter eggs on Saturday with Yui. We've had dinner and swimming at the Fitter's, including Easter dinner. The Easter bunny came to our house for a quick egg hunt but mostly hid tons of eggs at uncle Jimmy's and we had a big egg hunt over there with Helen and Bobbi. We've seen "Horton Hear's a Who" at the theater and "Enchanted" at home on DVD. We've swam at the Oahu club quite a bit and on Tuesday we took Izzy and Cole and went skating at Ice Palace. Sierra went to the Lost beach with the Fitter's while I got a few things ready for my girls night party on Tuesday night. We've gone to the UH vs. SJSU game and the UH vs. Stanford game... both which I announced. UH went into overtime against Stanford (for only the second time in history- the first time being 10 years ago when we lost 10-9- with me coaching.) The outcome was the same, unfortunately, a 10-9 loss. It would have been the first time in history that we'd beaten Stanford and they're currently 2nd ranked. Kim Hall was here but she didn't play. She has played in 8 games so far.... check out the Stanford web site to see some cool pictures of her in her Stanford uniform. She was great and said to tell you she missed you, etc. We've also had Punahou practice and games. Our intermediates played last weekend at Iolani and won easily and then we scrimmaged Kahuku on Monday. It was good experience for the teams. Talked to Jay and G'ma yesterday and they're having a blast in Mammoth. I love Mammoth. Jay skied with Madison Guss on Tuesday... or rather hung out with her while she tried to snowboard. G'ma says Jay's skiing really well. Sisi and I have been having fun and have talked to lots of people about your trip and your blog. I saw Chris McLaughlin at the Stanford game and he was thrilled to hear about your adventures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great Spring Break! I didnt get an egg hunt on Easter...:)
Cool that you got to announce the Stanford UH game, though its kind of amazing the exact same thing happened as ten years ago.
Madison Guss is at Mammoth??? Im confused.

Right now I am in Puerto Maldonado where Ive finally found a working computer. My transition from that amazing week with Dad to this project has been pretty rough. Im not too lonely or depressed that he left, but I was really sick last night and I just want to get to the Taricaya lodge and start doing the volunteer work. I dont know if it was something I ate, but its just a terrible way to start these next two months. Sounds like theyve got all kinds of cool jungle animals! Plus theres kids my age, so thats good.
Watched some of season 4 of LOST last night on the hotel TV while i was sick - even though i was confused, i can tell its very cool, especially the flash-forwards.
Anyway, this computer seems okay but I dont have time to make a blog entry... It will have to wait until next week when we return to Puerto Maldonado, so in the meantime you guys will have to look at dad's photos - which are very very cool, plus hes got the awesome video footage.
Hope everyones good at home, I miss you guys a lot and will send texts when i get there, throughout this week, etc.
LOVE YOU GUYS!!