Friday, October 26, 2007

October 25th


I can't believe you called at the EXACT time as our scheduled lockdown drill. Literally, you called at 9:45am and we we're supposed to be ready for the signal at 9:45. It was a really big deal and I had 46 kids that I had to heard into the gym, lock all the doors, keep them quiet and call (on my cell phone) the office to account for all of us and explain our situation. It was a practice, but a big deal and there was NO WAY I could have stayed on the phone. In fact, I wouldn't have even had the phone if I wasn't supposed to use it to communicate with the PE office. I hope to go to yoga from 7-8:30am tomorrow, which is Friday, and I sub at 11:30am our time, so if you can figure out a way to call between 8:30-11:30am (I think 1:30-4:30pm your time) I'll try to listen for your call. If not, try to get ahold of us on the weekend.

Besides the lockdown drill (school wide) it was a normal day. Dad and Sierra took G'pa Jim to Kona Brew pub for beer while Jay and I went to the pet store on the way home from practice. Jay had to make an aquarium thingy for blogger (biology according to Georgia.) G'ma Wackie has gone to the Big Island to see her cousin. G'pa Jim goes back to California tomorrow so he stayed on Oahu. The photo is of Jay's self-sustained aquarium.

No comments: