Saturday, April 26, 2008

April 24th, 25th & 26th





Thursday was a normal school/work day. We all rode into school together and then came home together after Sierra's ballet. I'm pau with Elements of Movement and some of my after school water polo so we got to be like a real family and come home at a normal time. We ate awesome homemade tacos out on the patio. You know that we have the Mercer's old round patio picnic table, right? So our patio has a great outdoor eating space now that we can all fit on. It's been hot and voggy so it's been good to sit outside to eat dinner and since we finally had a chance to sit down and eat, we sat outside. I'll take a picture to show you the patio table. I was too tired to watch the new Lost on that night, but dad and Jay have watched it, so I'll catch up this weekend. I'm also a week or two behind on SCRUBS.... it's a beautiful day so I can't justify watching t.v. but maybe this evening I can catch up. Yesterday, Friday, was a fun and busy day. It was "carpool" or use alternative transportation to work day and the Sustainability Fair, which will soon catch up to carnival in size and scope. Dad took Jay and Sierra in the small car and picked up Lori Ching on the way to school. I rode my bike (I didn't have to be there until about 8:15.) The fair has grown and it's pretty cool. I'll try to send you some photos from it. After school, we had a PAU HANA with the faculty and staff at Twigg-Smith pavillion. They had great food, drink, music, and chatting. They had gift card door prizes for people who carpooled or used alternative modes of transport and Sierra and I BOTH won! She got Starbuck's and I got itunes. We left Sierra at After School Care while we partied and then dad took her home (and my bike) and I had to go "work" the vars 1 water polo game. We did a live webcast stream of the ILH Championships which was Punahou vs. Kamehameha.

http://iws.punahou.edu/department/it/streams/girlswaterpolo

Dont' know if this will work for you, but you can watch the game on that link. I was the "color" commentator and Lee Kings was the "play by play." It was a fun experience, especially after having a beer and a glass of wine at the PAU HANA. Na, just joke. The first game (Iolani vs. Pac-5) went into overtime, so the effects of the beer/wine were long gone by the time the game started. Anyway, Punahou won the game kinda easily but Kamehameha played well and Kehau scored once and was instrumental on their team. Jay went to his friend Cameron's house after the game and he spent the night there. He's on his way home right now and then early this afternoon he has his first "behind the wheel" training for driver's ed. He's been driving but not when Sierra is in the car yet, so it's going to take him awhile to get his 50 hours.

Sisi is practicing her photography and I'll post some of her photos for your entertainment. Dad has just left for surfing and we have to register Jay for Hawaiian Islands water polo today, but otherwise we don't have much of a plan which is kinda weird and unusual.

No comments: