Wednesday, April 23, 2008

April 22nd and 23rd

Tuesday was a busy day of school/work. We all left right away after school and made a quick trip to Jamba juice and put air in the tires. Dad did some work in yard and I took a nap because I'm fighting a cold. Then, at 5:30pm Jay and I went back to Punahou so Jay could play in a water polo scrimmage and then he and I watched the boys Volleyball team beat Kamehameha. Today, I worked almost exclusively on appealing your financial aid package. I'm asking for more grant money. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I clipped newspaper articles about how our prices in Honolulu are the highest in the country, etc. I wrote a 2 page appeal complete with monthly expenses and income and I'm hoping that we can get a little more grant money and less loan money. I also had to make copies of your taxes and re-send those... I thought I did it but they didn't have it. We'll see if we get any more. We got some sad news today. Grandpa Kimo's brother, my uncle Gene, passed away in his bed. His work place worried when he didn't come to work and they made some calls. The police found him dead in his bed. My dad said he looked very peaceful and just like he was sleeping. He probably had a massive heart attack or stroke. The big problem is that he didn't leave any instructions about his "estate" and apparently, he's got a pack-rat problem and his house is a disaster. I'm going to go and stay with Katie and Andrew for a week in early May and I'm sure I'm going to spend my time cleaning out his house. It's sad, but it could have been worse. He may have ended up in a coma or something, so I guess there's a silver lining. He had dinner on Sunday with dad and the kids to celebrate Andrew's 18th birthday, so at least they saw him recently. I'll always remember my "uncle Fester." I love you!!

No comments: