Sunday, April 13, 2008

April 11th &12th



On Friday, dad took Sisi to Mrs. Ching's house for a 6th grade teacher party. I had a game at Kamehameha, which we won, and then I watched the varsity also beat Kamehameha. Kehau played a good game, scoring on a nice lob in the 3rd. Jay went to Cameron's house to play guitar. After my games, I met dad and Sierra at the party and then we came home and went to bed... an exhausting week. Today (Saturday) Jay went to drivers ed while dad went to the beach and Sierra and I went to the Library and vet and other errands. We made birthday cards for Andrew, who will be 18 next week. Then, I took her to Iolani for our Intermediate Champs, which we won (over Iolani.) After the game we went back to Punahou for a potluck outside the pool and we had a little swim at Punahou. Somewhere around then, you called my cell phone. I wish I got a chance to talk to you, but it sounds like you're doing well. If you need to borrow someone else's phone card, you can offer to pay for some of it or to reload it for him. I'm working on it, as we speak, to try to find out what your access code is but I've given you the toll free numbers and the card number so maybe you can use his access code and then your card number... if his is a sprint card, I don't see why that wouldn't work. Try it. I look forward to hearing from you again, but if calling in person doesn't work, then just stick to the email and blog. Mrs. Hense says "hi" and that she'd love to have you teach Spanish at Koko Head. Photo is just for fun! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE xoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Punahou girls! :)
About the access code, what you suggested was how I got in touch last night, using the access code on his card which somehow connected wtih Sprint even though his card isnt Sprint...? then I used the toll free number and then card number. Apparently a couple days ago all the area codes or something changed all over Peru. I can try again a little before the boat leaves today!
My second week at Taricaya flew by, Im really enjoying all the activities and life in general there. The effect we are having is becoming more apparent to me: this program really contributes to the surrounding environment and surrounding communities. Its great unique community service, and everyones really into it. Even though the price of this project is quite high (I calculated the daily average not counting weekend spending, and its $67 dollars per day) the volunteers are the most essential part of all the different projects that are just starting off. They have a cool-sounding turtle project in July and August, when the taricaya, or yellow-spotted side-necked turtle, lays their eggs on sandy beaches on the Madre de Dios river. Kind of wish I could be here in October, when they release the hatched turtles because if ProjectsAbroad doesnt take the nests and hatch them in artificial beaches, there will be NO turtles hatched in October because of poachers. Pretty cool.
Just added photos to the blog entry I made yesterday, so go check it out. Theyre pretty good, but I actually have the potential for some really superb ones, like the canopy and the farm (and ones with me in it - I promise!)
Anyway Im going to try uploading some onto facebook and then Im going for ice cream. Im stacked up on Oreos and crackers and juice, however Ive already gone through the first of the two peanut butter jars...I really cant live without that stuff. :)
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!