Monday, November 5, 2007

November 5th



The rain finally stopped and our hillside had dragged tons of mud into the drainage ditch behind our retaining wall. At least our house didn't flood, nor did we get water in the garage, so I guess that's a big positive. I didn't get called to sub today so I figured I'd better tackle the mud problem. Kelli came over and we worked for 3 hours shoveling and lugging buckets of wet, heavy mud out of the ditch and clearing the drainage pipes. We've only just begun, but at least if it rains hard again, we've cleared the way for the water to flow into the drains. G'ma had to leave to go back to Calif. in the late morning just about the time that Kelli and I had to quit for fear of passing out from the hard labor. (Dying of thirst, blistered hands, and aching back.) We took a "stretch" swim and then lunch and now it's about time for me to go coach at the Oahu Club. We're done with water polo at Punahou so I don't have to be on the Punahou pool deck for awhile. Our new curbside recycling has begun and they've sent us these stickers so that we can place them on our cans to remind us what days to put out what color bins. I'm going to stick the labels on the cans before heading to the O.C. to coach. Thinking about you and hoping you'll let me know about dates for your trip from GDL to MEX. I can book them for you or you can go to: http://www.cheapoair.com and try to book it yourself. I was able to find a $79 round trip, so get on it quick to get that cheap fare. When do you go to GDL?

No comments: