Sunday, November 4, 2007

November 3rd

It's 10pm and I just finished reading your newest blog while watching the Broadway show "Legally Blonde" on MTV. They showed it on tv and I think it was the whole show and it was so fun! The music was great and it is just one big number after the next with funny court scenes, etc. Great singing and I could totally picture you in the part of Emmet. Your BLOG was awesome and I was so glad to see those pictures and more importantly to read about your adventures. Wow! You really are having an amazing experience!!

Today was a big day. Sierra had her last soccer game this morning and then her "awards" party at the rec. center at Koko Isle. They got to swim and then get trophies and gifts. She is very thrilled with her trophy. Photos to follow. Mid-day, Jay had his last water polo game vs. Pac-5. We were up 5-2 at one point and they came back to tie us 6-6 at the end of regulation. Our first period of overtime we scored right away and then held them scoreless for the rest of the first period and then almost all of the second overtime period but they scored with 18 seconds left in the second overtime period so then we had to go into sudden death overtime. We won the sprint and went down and scored winning 8-7 in sudden death. So, V2 water polo is over and we are the ILH champs. After the game the team and coaches went to OSF for dinner and dad, g'ma and Sierra ate and then dad and G'ma went to see "Darjerling Limited." (sp?) They're just getting home now. I can't tell you how many times a day I think about you and brag about what you're doing to people, sometimes people who are practically strangers (today it was Kellen Chong's mom.) Many people ask about you and I gush when I tell them everything you're doing. Seriously, it's kinda pitiful, but what can I say because out of all the 18 year old MEN in the world, I can't believe that I got you as MY son! How lucky is that?

P.S. Can you forward me the Vassar email? I think you should send an email to the admissions office or even make a phone call to remind them that you're out there and that you fully intend to enroll in the fall. I'll help if necessary.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooh i got all excited just reading about that water polo game, it sounds like it was a rush. congratulations jay and sierra!!

also, are they SHOWING broadway musicals on MTV?? that is so not fair (for me). i miss theatre...

but i miss you all more!! lovelovelove