Saturday, May 17, 2008

Oh yea, the van

Oh yea, I forgot to tell you the rest of the story about the van. So, you remember that I hit the pillar at the library the day before I left for the mainland (May 1st.) It was bad, but the slider still worked, etc. and I couldn't deal with it on Friday because I was going to the mainland. Well, on Sunday, May 4th, dad was driving the van home from OSF and the "door ajar" light kept coming on so Jay opened the slider and closed it hard and the glass window shattered into a million pieces. They called me in Cali to tell me the wonderful news as they drove down the freeway with half the car exposed to the elements. So, not only did I scratch the car all up, I compromised the window somehow and it broke. Needless to say, we had to take it in to the body shop and file an insurance claim, etc. Dad had made arrangements for me to take it in the Monday after I got home but I had to work that day so we had to drop if off at the body shop on the way to Punahou really early on Monday. Then after school on Monday I had to work at the Oahu Club so we went home to Hawaii Kai and then after practice I rode my bike to Ala Moana area to pick up the rental car that our insurance will cover for 10 days while the car is being fixed. I stuck the bike in the trunk and drove off with it sticking out. At least we have a rental while they fix the van. The insurance will cover all but $500, which is good, because it's estimated at about $4,000 in damages. So, your little scratch is nothing in comparison....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It certainly sounds like my scratch is nothing now! what a ridiculous (and unfortunate) set of events. Maybe we'll have to get rid of/sell the van and get a more eco-friendly one...? But the insurance thing sounded like it worked out.
The cake in those pictures looks gooood. You guys have vog from the volcano?!? The one like three islands over? Today is really gross kind hot, so going home to that kind of weather wont be pleasant. But thats why i'll be going to the beach and pool so often. :) with you guys.
Cant believe Ive only got one more week!!! 8 days until I leave for Lima, 11 until I leave PerĂº! I know I'll come back to this country, and I'd like to visit Taricaya again in the future.
Dad tonight I might be watching There Will Be Blood!!!!! aaaaaahhh!
Going to put up photos on facebook. Love you guys, see you soon!! :)