Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May 2nd to now

Well, I've been home from Calif. for a few days and I've finally caught up on my sleep. I spent every minute at G'pa Kimo's working at Uncle Gene's or at G'pa's. I did get to see Katie swim in a meet and we went out for Mexican on Cinco de Mayo. Andrew had prom and we got to take cute pictures before he went. I cooked dinner for K&A many times and we re-did Katie's room and got rid of her bunk beds, etc. It was a whirlwind trip but I did get to see some friends and relatives. It was little Noah's birthday and I saw him briefly. I saw Misha and Andre and their new house down the street from Auntie Susie's. I also went to Mb's for a few minutes to drop something off for her and saw their gang and friends Kate, Lowell and their kids. So, I did have some fun but it was a lot of work. Uncle Gene's funeral is on May 24th in New Mexico. We can't go, but I helped arrange it. I will miss my "uncle Fester." Yesterday, (Tuesday) G'pa Kimo was here and I picked him up and he came over for the afternoon and for dinner. He left on the cruise again today and will be back home on Friday night. K&A are home alone this week, but they're doing pretty good. You got an invitation to "high tea" to celebrate Jazzy's birthday and graduation,but you won't be home yet. It was a cute invitation,and I'm sure you would have loved to go, but you'll have to take her to tea or something when you get home. There's people home already, including Amy Marcus and Nawa. Others come home in the next week. Some don't get home (Kim) until mid-June. Punahou won the State Champs in girls water polo and Kamehameha got second. Boys volleyball is expected to win this weekend. May day was really cute and we'll get a DVD. Dad and Jay are watching Jon Stewart so it's getting late and I'm getting ready for bed. Love ya!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love hearing about Kimo Andrew and Katie. Sounds like it was a lot packed into a short trip, but i didnt know you got to see MB, Auntie Susie, Noah, Micha and Andre, etc. So cool! (Is their new house the same one Tutu and I visited Feb 2007?)
Sounds like im missing a lot before June 17, but its totally worth it because I get to go all over California with you guys. All the plans about it sound great.
That is SWEEET about Vassar giving me more grant money!!! I'll tackle the logging in thing this weekend, because i dont know my password/whatever that thing is.
FINALLY have my package, which was really a ridiculous hassle, but it was worth going in to Puerto today to get it. I had to be very assertive at the post office to get it (they were being difficult, and as usual underestimating me and my Spanish abilities) and may even write about it in my journal because i was quite proud of how I obtained the package.
Dad: Oatmeal and papaya sound great, so does giving Amy guitar lessons. I want summer too (with extra beach time!) Tonight I will try the DVD on the Taricaya DVD player...cross your fingers.

Just updated the blog with a LOT of photos, I decided against doing two seperate entries, so its a pretty big one. Thank you for updating this one!! :) LOVE YOU GUYS, TO THE MOON AND BACK!